Arthur Brightmore opened the first Scout Patrol of the
1st Hinckley Scout Group.
The group first registered its name with Leicestershire County.
The group began to meet at Holy Trinity School rooms.
Seven Scouts attended the World Jamboree at Arrowe Park, Birkenhead.
The first Cub Pack started. Miss Lorna Mehew was the Cub Mistress.
Fred Illiffe produced the first Gang Show helped by Walter Moore.
The Group attended the first District Camp held at Marston Hall Farm near Croft.
The first three "Wood Badges" were presented to three Cub leaders from the group.
The "Log Cabin" was built and became the New Group HQ. Money had been raised by the sale of crafts.
The Scout Troop camped at Belvior Castle at the first County Jamboree.
This year saw the wedding of the groups two assistant Cub leaders. George and Hilda Wilson.
The group assisted with the war effort by assisting the Police, Ambulance, Fire and Rescue and Decontamination Squads.
As the group grew a sister group was opened at St John's Church. (9th Hinckley Sea Scouts).
The group assisted with the war effort again. This time taking in the harvest at Tugby and Wykin.
The first Senior Scout Section was formed.
John Mason became a King Scout and represented the Troop at Moiren Jamboree in France.
The group took part in its first International Trip traveling to Belgium and the Ardennes.
The Scout Troop attended the County Jamboree at Whatton Hall.
The group Log Cabin was destroyed by fire. The fire had been started by vandals.
The group began to meet in the new Trinity Vicarage Youth Centre.
A plot of land was leased from the church to the group. A new building was erected.
The group set sail for Kristiansand in Norway. Thirty members took part the expedition.
The first group bus was purchased beginning an era of overseas expeditions.
George Wilson, Group Scout Leader, was awarded the Silver Wolf.
The HQ was once again burnt down by vandals.
Revival of the Gang Show at Holy Trinity exactly 50 years since the Fred Iliffe production.
Fire struck yet again. The group bus was destroyed.
The whole group attended the County Jamboree at Whatton Park.
The first Beaver Scout Colony was opened.
The group celebrated just over 80 years with group activities.
The group attended the County Charnwood Camp at Stanford Hall
Fox Coverts Campsite
The excess monies raised by the group for the war effort in 1939 was given to the District Campsite Fund.
In 1952 George Wilson discovered the land which is now known as Fox Coverts Scout Campsite.
Over the years it has predominantly been 1st Hinckley members who have contributed to the growth of the site and to its success.
The group has a long history with the site